I'm new to entrepreneurship. Where should I start?
There are plenty of great places to start learning about entrepreneurship at Illinois!
For students and faculty
- CU COMMUNITY FAB LABCU Community FabLab is an open and collaborative workshop space for computer-driven innovation, design, and fabrication is open to students, faculty, and community members.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP FORUM AND OTHER ENTREPRENEURIAL EVENTS - Attend the campus-wide Entrepreneurship Forum to learn more about the ecosystem at Illinois. Or, check out the entrepreneurship events calendar to find an event that’s right for you!
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP LECTURES AND WORKSHOPS - Hear from successful entrepreneurs with connections to the Research Park at their Entrepreneurial Workshops, or attend Gies College of Business events.
- KRANNERT CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS - Attend performances, lectures, and free events in a world-class home for global artistry. Students enjoy $10 tickets for all performances and the Center also supports the FAA 110: Exploring Arts and Creativity course.
Just for students
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP ADVISING - The Technology Entrepreneur Center offers entrepreneurship advising. Just contact them to make an appointment!
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP COURSES, CERTIFICATES, CONCENTRATIONS, AND DEGREES - There are options for every major on campus!
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS - Join a club or attend their signature events! Founders: Illinois Entrepreneurs, EntreCORPS, or Entrepreneurs Without Borders.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP TREKS - Apply to participate in the Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Workshop, the Chicago Entrepreneurship Workshop, or ThinkChicago.
- INNOVATION LIVING-LEARNING COMMUNITY (Innovation LLC) - Incoming freshmen may apply to live in this on-campus housing community
- MAKER SPACES AT ILLINOIS - Just can’t wait to make? Look into the Illinois MakerLab, ECE Open Lab, and CU Community FabLab.
- SOCIALFUSE - SocialFuse is Technology Entrepreneurship Center’s recurring pitching and networking event for students of all majors. Come pitch your ideas, find teammates to scale your startup, or just sit back and check things out.