The entrepreneurship ecosystem is thriving at Illinois, and there are experts across campus that are ready to help students and faculty navigate their entrepreneurial journey! Find support from these resources, which include maker labs, offices, centers, organizations, facilities, and more.
See how campus ecosystem partners work together to help you achieve your goals
Champaign-Urbana Business and Engineering Consulting (CUBE) is a non-profit consulting organization with a talented group of students who work together on meaningful projects for local businesses.
Student consulting organization that uses design thinking and lean startup methodology to help early stage startups
A student entrepreneurship organization that hosts events and offers resources to students with an idea and the passion to work on it
A student organization committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to shape a better, more sustainable world.
Student-run consulting organization assisting companies with their short and long term business challenges.
A community of student entrepreneurs collectively pursuing their startup, non-profit, and business ventures.
The Brand Hub focuses on action-based learning, professional development, cutting-edge research, and entrepreneurship
The world's first engineering-based medical school with innovation as the cornerstone of the curriculum.
The University's incubator and resource center that helps launch tech-focused startups, housed at Research Park
Uses entrepreneurship as a means to address problems in subsistence marketplaces and enabling entrepreneurship within these communities
Grainger makes entrepreneurship and innovation a priority, and provides many opportunities for students and faculty alike to learn the importance of developing an entrepreneurship mindset.
A competition for makers, citizen scientists, and anyone in the state of Illinois with ideas for improving human health.
Teaching faculty and students to identify commercialization opportunities from academic research, and providing entrepreneurship training.
The world’s first business school 3D printing lab, which offers courses, events, and services
Provides consultative services, potential funding, and business development support for early-stage and research-driven companies
In a partnership with TEC and University Housing, they introduce students to the campus entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem
Law students prepare patent and trademark applications for student entrepreneurs and innovators as a free service.
Supporting innovation and commercialization taking place at the Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology.
Evaluates, patents, and licenses the University’s intellectual property
The OVCRI provides leadership and oversight for research and innovation at Illinois.
Executes the innovation and entrepreneurship mission of the Gies College of Business
Innovation hub for technology commercialization with a unique environment that cultivates startups and increases capabilities for established companies
This new center serves as a hub that inspires our campus community to discuss, question, dream, invent, create, and innovate
Is there a program you’d like to see listed here? Contact us at email@example.com
- 54 (Founders: Illinois Entrepreneurs)
- AgTech Innovation Summit (Research Park)
- Assessment & Research Lab (Siebel Center for Design)
- AWARE: Accelerating Women and UnderRepresented Entrepreneurs (EnterpriseWorks)
- Big Data Summit (Research Park)
- Catalyze: A Professional Networking Event (Research Park)
- CEO Roundtable (Research Park)
- Corporate Innovation Centers (Research Park)
- Cozad New Venture Challenge (Technology Entrepreneur Center)
- CU Women in Tech (Research Park)
- Design Thinking Courses (Siebel Center for Design)
- Design Thinking Workshops (Siebel Center for Design)
- Designer-in-Residence Program (EnterpriseWorks)
- Disclosure Information (Office of Technology Management)
- EntreCORPS (student organization)
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program (EnterpriseWorks)
- Entrepreneurs Without Borders (student organization)
- Entrepreneurship Workshops (Research Park & EnterpriseWorks)
- Evergreen Fund - Seed Funding (Illinois Ventures)
- Fiddler Innovation Fellowship (NCSA, eDream Institute, Technology Entrepreneur Center)
- Forge (Founders: Illinois Entrepreneurs)
- Founders: Illinois Entrepreneurs (student organization)
- Health Make-A-Thon (Carle Illinois College of Medicine)
- Health Maker Lab (Carle Illinois College of Medicine)
- I-Corps (see Illinois I-Corps)
- I-Start Accelerator Program (EnterpriseWorks)
- Illinois Enactus (student organization)
- Illinois I-Corps (Technology Entrepreneur Center and EnterpriseWorks)
- Illinois Ignite (Office of Technology Management)
- Illinois Innovation Award (IIA) (Technology Entrepreneur Center and Grainger Engineering)
- Illinois Proof of Concept Program (IPOC) (Office of Technology Management)
- Illinois Reboot Tech Training (Research Park)
- Incubator Labs, Offices, & Maker Space (EnterpriseWorks)
- Innovation Celebration (Champaign County Economic Development Corporation, University of Illinois, and Parkland College)
- Intellectual Property Clinic (Technology Entrepreneur Center and College of Law)
- Internships at Research Park Companies (Research Park)
- iVenture Accelerator (Origin Ventures Academy for Entrepreneurial Leadership)
- Licensing Information (Office of Technology Management)
- Make-a-Thons (CU Community FabLab, Makers UIUC, Makerspace Urbana)
- Mottier Innovation Challenge (Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering)
- NSF I-Corps (see Illinois I-Corps)
- OCTR Consulting (Student organization)
- Office Hours with Experts (Technology Entrepreneur Center)
- Pygmalion Tech Festival
- Recruitment Services (Research Park)
- SBIR & STTR Technical Assistance Program (Fast Center, EnterpriseWorks)
- SCD Scholars & Fellows (Siebel Center for Design)
- Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Workshop (Technology Entrepreneur Center)
- Social Innovation at Illinois
- SocialFuse (Technology Entrepreneur Center)
- Startup Cafe (Research Park)
- Startup Career Fair (Founders: Illinois Entrepreneurs)
- Startup Consulting (EntreCORPS)
- The Shop: Maker Lab (Siebel Center for Design)
- ThinkChicago (City of Chicago, University of Illinois System, and Technology Entrepreneur Center)
- Urbana-Champaign Angel Network (UCAN) (Champaign County Economic Development Corporation)
- Venture Capital (Illinois Ventures)
- Workforce Development (Research Park)
- Zero2One (student organization)